Monday, April 21, 2008

Isaiah 55-56

sThese are some of the ramblings I picked up this morning, after reviewing over the daily Proverb chapter, I reviewed Isaiah ch. 12, and then turned to refresh my memory for Is. 55:11, and was drawn into the text. After all, the word of God is living and active... (Heb. 4:12).

3 Doing what is righteous and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
Prov 21:3 (HCSB)

17 The one who loves pleasure will become a poor man; whoever loves wine and oil will not get rich. Prov 21:17 (HCSB)

6 Seek the LORD while He may be found; call to Him while He is near. 7 Let the wicked one abandon his way, and the sinful one his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, so He may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will freely forgive.
Isaiah 55:6-7 (HCSB)

11 so My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and will prosper in what I send it [to do] .”
Isaiah 55:11 (HCSB)

6 And the foreigners who convert to the LORD, minister to Him, love the LORD’s name, and are His servants, all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it, and who hold firmly to My covenant— 7 I will bring them to My holy mountain and let them rejoice in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar, for My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.” 8 [This is] the declaration of the Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel: “I will gather to them still others besides those already gathered.”
Isaiah 56:6-8 (HCSB)
· This passage shows that God’s salvation will go forth to include all nations. It also speaks of Yah’s regathering of the Jews, beyond those that regarthered at first. And this is taking place today, and will consummate when God fights for the nation of Israel against Gog, and shows his glory before all the earth. Amen.

16 For I will not accuse [you] forever, and I will not always be angry; for then the spirit would grow weak before Me, even the breath [of man] , which I have made. 17 Because of his sinful greed I was angry, so I struck him; I was angry and hid; but he went on turning back to the desires of his heart. 18 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and comfort him and his mourners, 19 creating words of praise.” The LORD says, “Peace, peace to the one who is far or near, and I will heal him. 20 But the wicked are like the storm–tossed sea, for it cannot be still, and its waters churn up mire and muck. 21 There is no peace for the wicked,” says my God.
Isaiah 57:16-21 (HCSB)
· Here the LORD promises healing and restoration for his chosen people, who have sinfully erred from His ways. This is such a beautiful, compassionate response, the LORD says, ‘I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and comfort his mourners, creating words of praise!’ Haha, God will heal the sinfully erred people, and restore them to Himself. And we see the beginning of this fulfillment, and that of Ezekiel 36, started in 1948 when the LORD gave the land back to the Jews. Ever since then, the dragon, that crafty serpent has been trying to take it away from them, to wipe THEM off the face of the earth. And even now, through one of his servants in Iran, wants to wipe them off the earth. But according to Yahweh’s word, he will not succeed.
· vv. 20,21 almost appears to be a statement or sentiment more of pity than of judgment, which is normally how this verse is interpreted in contemporary circles.

No comments: